There was an error in this gadget

Monday, November 8, 2010

Silk test

My emulsion is about to expire plus I'm worried that I might forget the steps which is why, late one night, I decided to do some silk screen printing. I have to test the 2011 calendar I asked my sister to make since I'm planning to give this to friends anyway for Christmas :)


Anyway, the whole process from making the screen to exposing to printing is quite laborious. I might have exposed it too long though because April looks good...
But June looks terrible... :(
After applying photo hardener...
I did a test print...
And I'm pretty happy with the result! :-)


I have to cut my exposure time from 3 mins to 2 mins (my reflectorized lightbox has four 20-watt lights) and I must buy more paint then I'll be ready to print some more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment